We added support for Oracle DB

Introducing: support for Oracle Database (Oracle DB) in our OnPremise versions, and native Jira Server/Jira Data Center applications of the GetInt platform

Background: Oracle Database support for an OnPremise Jira ServiceNow integration

Each case makes the GetInt integration tool better than it was before. 

Currently, about 96% of new projects are happy with the out-of-the-box version of our platform. The remaining 4%, are complex cases requiring individual approaches. 

As a company, we support Enterprises to meet their complicated, personal, and often unique criteria. 

A few months ago, we were approached by a Swiss/Italian Atlassian Partner to help them in implementing ServiceNow – Jira Data Center integration for an Italian bank. Due to the high-security requirements (GetInt needed to work behind the firewall), and the significant volume of issues being integrated the choice was simple: OnPremise version of our GetInt ServiceNow – Jira integration. 

Usually, the first step to implementing our tool is to request the machine from the IT team. The requirements are simple:

  • 4GB of RAM
  • 2 vCPU
  • Linux
  • ubuntu >= 18
  • debian >= 7
  • OpenJDK / Java – 8 – 15
  • DB: PostgreSQL 13


This time, the customer was not able to get the PostgreSQL DB. The company was using Oracle Database, and they could only get a machine with this. 

After a few calls with the Partner, we decided to do custom development, to prepare the GetInt platform to support Oracle DB. 

It took about 2 weeks, and now our tool is successfully deployed on production, supporting the bank’s daily work.

We also won the trust of an important Atlassian Partner.


A good product. Works fine for linking Jira instances together between Jira, and ServiceNow.

They quickly responded to all our questions, resolving issues, and offered us customization for another database.

Recommended product and supplier.





Getint supports Postgres DB, Oracle DB, and MSSQL. Adding support for Oracle DB makes getint Getint even more friendly for Enterprises, which are keener to choose Oracle over Postgres. At the same time, medium and small companies may keep using Postgres as the default database supported by our integrations platform. 

Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL are the most popular relational database management systems (RDBMS) that have similarities and differences.

If it’s about Oracle and PostgreSQL, here are some of the differences:

Licensing: Oracle is a commercial RDBMS that requires users to purchase a license, whereas PostgreSQL is an open-source RDBMS that can be used free of charge.

Scalability: Oracle is known for its ability to scale up to handle large amounts of data and high volumes of transactions, while PostgreSQL is better suited for smaller to medium-sized databases.

Performance: Oracle has more advanced features for optimizing database performance, such as automatic query optimization and parallel processing, while PostgreSQL relies more on the skill of the database administrator to optimize performance.

Data types: Oracle has a wider range of built-in data types than PostgreSQL, including support for spatial data, multimedia data, and object-oriented data.

Cost: As mentioned, Oracle requires users to purchase a license, which can be expensive, whereas PostgreSQL is free to use. However, the cost of hiring skilled database administrators can be higher for PostgreSQL due to its open-source nature.

Availability: Oracle has more advanced features for high availability, such as automatic failover and data replication, whereas PostgreSQL requires more manual configuration for high availability.

Ultimately, the choice between Oracle and PostgreSQL will depend on the specific needs of an organization. If scalability and performance are the top priorities, Oracle may be the better choice, but if cost and flexibility are more important, PostgreSQL may be a better option.